Greetings River Hawk Families,
We are happy to send you the latest Family Update Email! We hope that this information is helpful to you and your family as your student progresses through the spring semester.
Information for Parents & Families:
Scholarship Applications: Scholarships for students are open to apply for the 2022-2023 academic year. Applications are due by April 6th. Students can view available scholarships and access scholarship applications by visiting the River Hawk Scholarship Portal.
FAFSA Priority Filing Deadline: Students must reapply for financial aid each year by completing the FAFSA online. UMass Lowell’s priority filing deadline is March 1. You can view additional information by visiting the Solution Center’s Maintaining Financial Aid Eligibility website.
Housing Applications for the 2022-2023 academic year are now available on the Online Housing Portal. If your student wants to participate in Room Selection for next year, they should submit their housing application by March 31, 2022. There are also some new updates for the 2022-2023 academic year:
- There is a new “Unlimited 400” plan with additional River Hawk Dollars that any student can upgrade to. Check out the 2022-2023 Meal Plan Options.
- Rooms that had reduced occupancy for COVID-19 concerns will go back to their normal/original occupancy (rooms in Leitch, Bourgeois, Fox, and Concordia).
- Brand new machines will be installed in the common laundry rooms this summer and laundry will be included in the price of housing. No more quarters or debit/credit card needed!
Commencement: Save the date for Commencement 2022! UMass Lowell will be hosting in-person Commencement Ceremonies at the Tsongas Arena on the following days:
- Friday, May 13 at 9am: Doctoral and Master’s
- Saturday, May 14 at 9am: Undergraduates in the: Francis College of Engineering, Kennedy College of Sciences, Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences
- Saturday, May 14 at 2:30pm: Undergraduates in the: College of Fine Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, Manning School of Business
Information for Students:
Face Coverings: Beginning February 28, face coverings will be optional on campus. You can read more about this update by viewing the Face Covering Update Announcement.
Academic Success Coaching Workshops: The Centers for Learning, Advising, & Student Success offers a variety of workshops and programs designed to help students reach academic success. Students can view upcoming opportunities (including some great sessions on how to study for midterms) on the Academic Success Coaching website.
Student Commencement Speaker Applications: UMass Lowell is looking for three student commencement speakers to deliver a speech during their respective commencement ceremonies on Friday, May 13 and Saturday, May 14. Applications are due by March 21.
March 1: FAFSA priority filing deadline
March 6: Spring Recess begins
March 14: Classes resume
March 21: Student Commencement Speaker Applications Due
March 25: Fall 2022 schedule of classes will be viewable in SIS
March 31: On-campus housing applications due if students want to participate in the room selection process
April 4: Enrollment for fall 2022 courses begin
April 6: Scholarship Applications Due
Thank you, and have a safe and happy weekend!
Marshall Greenleaf, Family Programs
Office of Student & Family Support Services