Greetings River Hawk Families,
As the beginning of the semester quickly approaches, we are excited to send you the first “Family Update Email” of the spring 2022 semester. We hope that this information is helpful to you and your family as your student prepares for the start of the semester.
Information for Parents & Families:
- The Office of Student & Family Support Services (Family Programs) is currently planning this summer’s Family Orientation program to welcome new River Hawk families into our community! We would love to get your thoughts and feedback about what information to include, as well as your thoughts about communication to parents and families.
- Please consider taking a few minutes to complete our Family Transition Survey!
- We know many parents and families have questions related to COVID-19. Current information, announcements, and answers to frequently asked questions can be found on the Coronavirus Updates page on the UML website. Additionally, parents and families of residential students can review this Message from Health Services and Residential Student COVID-19 Response Isolation Plan for Spring 2022.
Information for Students:
- Check out the Spring 2022 Campus Recreation Newsletter for information about the campus rec center, programs, and services.
- The Office of Multicultural Affairs has a variety of events planned for MLK Jr. Week & Celebration.
- The River Hawk Shop has information and resources related to all of your student’s textbook needs for the spring semester.
- Winter Welcome Activities Calendar:
- Kick off Winter Welcome with Coffee & Donuts with your Student Government Association at University Crossing on January 18 at 11 a.m.!
- The week continues on with events hosted by Greek life, A.C.E., and Athletics!
- From trivia, to paint night to watching the UMass Lowell Men’s Ice Hockey team take on UMass Amherst, this week is packed full of fun filled experiences.
- January 16: Residence halls open at Noon
- January 17: MLK Day – University Closed
- January 18: Spring classes begin
- January 31: Last day to add a course or drop a course (without record)
Thank you, and happy start of the spring semester!
Marshall Greenleaf, Family Programs
Office of Student & Family Support Services