Greetings River Hawk Families,
We are happy to send you the latest Family Update Email! We hope that this information is helpful to you and your family as your student progresses through the fall semester.
Information for Parents & Families:
- Last Chance to Give Feedback! The Office of Student & Family Support Services (Family Programs) is currently planning this summer’s Family Orientation program to welcome new River Hawk families into our community! We would love to get your thoughts and feedback about what information to include, as well as your thoughts about communication to parents and families.
- Please consider taking a few minutes to complete our Family Transition Survey!
- Congratulations to all our hardworking students who made the Fall 2021 Dean’s List! You can view the full list: https://www.uml.edu/…/Dean-List/fall/deans_list.html
- Housing Applications for the 2022-2023 academic year will be available the first week in February on the Online Housing Portal. If your student wants to participate in Room Selection for next year, they should submit their housing application by March 31, 2022.
- Message from UML Health Services: COVID aside, is your student feeling under the weather or have they had a minor injury like a sprain? Health Services is available to provide accessible care for acute episodic illnesses and minor injuries. We are open Monday through Friday during regular business hours. Students will need to schedule an appointment by calling 978-934-6800 but can most often be seen the same day or within 24 hours. There are no charges for services provided in our clinic but students will be responsible for diagnostic test fees (Quest Laboratories), prescription medications, and any medical services received off campus.
All non-CE matriculated students are eligible for services regardless of whether or not they are full-time or part-time, residential or commuter, or if they have school or private health insurance. For additional information, please visit the Health Services website.
When your student calls you and they aren’t feeling well, send them our way!
Information for Students:
- Senior Portraits schedule begins January 31st! Students can schedule their appointment online for a senior photo for the 2022 Sojourn Yearbook.
- University Dining has some great upcoming events and menus! Check it out on our University Dining Events blog!
- Free on Thr3e Upcoming Event: Free on 3 welcomes students to stop by the 3rd floor of University Crossing at the Social Justice Center to enjoy free activities, games, crafts, and therapy dogs. Wednesday, February 16th from 5pm to 7pm.
- Counseling Services is offering an LGBTQ+ counseling group for students for the spring 2022 semester. Interested students should contact Counseling Services at email@example.com.
January 31: Last day to add a course or drop a course (without record)
February 21: President’s Day, university closed
February 22: Monday class schedule
March 6: Spring Recess begins
March 14: Classes resume
March 31: On-campus housing applications due if students want to participate in the room selection process
Thank you, and have a safe and happy weekend!
Marshall Greenleaf, Family Programs
Office of Student & Family Support Services