Om nom nom nom

Sooooooo…. Who’s Hungry????

I don’t know about everyone… but I typically eat 3 times a day. Because I love food more than many other things. So today I am going to talk about where you can buy food with your Umass Lowell “U-cash.” Not meal plans, not points, but UCASH. They are very different things… let me emphasize.

Quick Breakdown:
UCash is a very different thing than other forms of payment on campus. UCash can be used everywhere on campus! Both residents and commuters can add Ucash by visiting: http://www.uml.edu/UCAPS/UCard/Add-UCash.aspx

Now, you only have Ucash on your card if you visit that page and add Ucash, so don’t get confused. If you do get confused, email Brady.  He is a Ucash, meal plan, point, commuter block meal, genius. He knows all.

Now back to the food… I’M HUNGRY!

Alright, so I am going to go over a couple of the delicious and delectable places located OFF campus that you can spend your Ucash at. I’m from Lowell and the food here is great, so trust me on this one. 😉

Food Destination #1: Eggroll Cafe
Location: 110 University Ave, Lowell MA 01854
Phone: 978-970-3411
Website: www.eggrollcafe.com/

Alright, this little dime is quite easy to get to. I am sure if any of you have been to North campus you have seen it. If not! Then it is located right next to Suppas on University Ave. It’s really hard to get lost getting here. 

The food here is delicious and is one of my favorite in-between class spots to grab a quick snack. Definitely try it out, they have delicious bubble tea’s as well among much more. I would call this place a very americanized asian local restaraunt. Also, its a cute date place, easy on the wallet too gentlemen 😉

Fun Fact: I actually visited this place for the first time  my junior year of high school and have been in love with it ever since. 

Tim’s favorite item on the menu: Gotta be the buffalo chicken eggrolls. No question. Strawberry bubble tea is a close second though. 

Food Destination #2: Southwick Cafe
Location: Basement of Southwich Hall, North Campus
Phone: (978) 934-5759
Website: n/a
Southwick Hall...dining is nearby
(this is Southwick Hall for those who do not know)

Alright, technically this isn’t off campus but I feel like this is a hidden gem on campus that few freshmen and transfers are aware of. I didn’t even eat here til last spring, and I was missing out. 

Pretty easy to find, just go to southwick hall basement and it is all the way in the corner. You’ll see it. 

The food here is wicked good. Delicious cafe sandwiches, soup, burritos, quesadillas, grilled food, fries, pretty much everything. I don’t think you could go here and not find something you would like. Don’t forget you can spend cash, credit, POINTS, and Ucash here. No meal plan swipes though. 

Fun Fact: I’ve ate here about 2 or more times a week or so times this semester, however, since I spent nearly all my points so far I doubt I’ll be spoiled enough to eat here that much anymore.  

Tim’s favorite item on the menu: Ranchero for lifeeeeee

Food Destination #3: The Bite
Location: 500 Pawtucket St, Lowell 01854
Phone: 978-441-9661
Website: http://www.thebitelowell.com/index.php

This little cafe is a cute little place located by SOUTH CAMPUS, located by the river on pawtucket street about 500 feet from campus. It is ran and operated by Orchard Hill Ice Cream and is located right next to them. 

Although I haven’t ate here too often, my friend Georgia raves about it. They have all sorts of typical cafe type goods, sandwiches, soups, baked goods, ice cream, and even pizza. They accept cash, credit, and UCash. 

Fun Fact: I actually went here once to sell my dayglow ticket to a friend. 

Tim’s favorite item on the menu: I LOVE SOUPPPP!!!!

Food Destination #4: The Athenian Corner
Location: 207 Market Street, Lowell 01852
Phone: 978-458-7052
Website: http://www.atheniancorner.com/

This sit-down restaurant is located downtown on the corner of Shattuck Street and Market Street in downtown Lowell. Although this place is a little bit further off campus. It is still walking distance from East Campus and If you enjoy Greek food, this place will not disappoint. 

They accept cash, credit, and Ucash. It’s a little bit more expensive than the other restaurants listed previously, however, its not terribly expensive and they do have excellent lunch specials. 

Fun Fact: There is parking! (surprisingly) So you shouldn’t have to pay the meter if you go here. 

Tim’s favorite food: Octapodi… It’s octopus. And it’s delicious. 

Food Destination#5: Feng Shui
Location:  285 Chelmsford St, Chelmsford, MA 01824
Phone: 978-250-8888
Website: http://www.gofengshui.com/

Alright, so this is definitely the most expensive restaurant listed. HOWEVER, it is easily my favorite.
Also, it is probably the hardest one to get to, it’s not walking distance, and I won’t even try to give directions to it. So here are google’s directions from fox hall. They will be much clearer than mine. I promise, here they are: https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Fox+Hall,+University+of+Massachusetts,+Lowell,+MA+01854&daddr=Feng+Shui,+Chelmsford+Street,+Town+of+Chelmsford,+MA&hl=en&geocode=FTjRigId7Lu_-ynX-2NxRaTjiTFHE5zm8hu44w%3BFTc0igIdUou_-yF2HPhxyy-OhCnZkvpxnqPjiTF2HPhxyy-OhA&aq=1&oq=Feng+sh&sll=42.63699,-71.29509&sspn=0.20357,0.445976&vpsrc=0&mra=ls&ie=UTF8&t=m&z=14&layer=c&ei=qKlcUNDJObGxxAGJ3IC4BQ&pw=2

WOW that was a much larger URL than I thought. But anyways there ya go.

Yea, so this restaurant is AMAZING. Easily my favorite sushi place outside Boston. The Chinese food here is also wicked extremely good if sushi isn’t your thing. They also have lunch buffets that are amazing and a special Sunday lunch buffet with higher quality food for a little extra $. If hibachi is your thing also they have that upstairs, however, I’ve personally never ate the hibachi there but my friends all tell me its great.

Also, they have a really good dine-in lunch sushi menu that is very affordable, check that out. My sister and I frequent lunch there every so often and usually pick from that.

Fun fact: After my Lowell High School graduation ceremony, my family rented a private room and all of us stuffed our faces with so much food, it was so good, my mouth is watering thinking about it. I haven’t ate sushi in over a month and it’s my favorite food :*****(

They accept cash, credit, and UCash.

Tim’s favorite item on the menu: Besides everything, my favorite is the Sushi Sashimi Boat. But I usually don’t get that too often because its a little pricey. My parents just spoil me but its ok because I am going to buy them a beach house when I am rich and famous.

Well, that’s all folks. I’m really hungry now…
-Tim “The Best” Brown

(p.s. you can find all the other places you can spend your lovely Ucash dollars at here: https://www.onecardgivesback.com/MerchantsFinder.aspx?communityID=25 )