A Tribute to my Inner Thirteen-Year-Old

So as many of you probably have heard, My Chemical Romance broke up this past Friday. They were one of my favourite bands for a long time back in that awkward angsty gothy phase most teenagers go through. I was always playing Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge on Winamp (anyone remember that?! I had a sweet customized AFI skin for it.) and later my iPod mini. I had an elaborate plan to construct the costume the woman wears in the Helena music video (embedded below) for Halloween one year; I saw them perform at the then-called Tsongas Arena back in 2005; when The Black Parade came out, I was one of “those people” who stuck to their old stuff in defiance of their new look.

The MCR I knew and loved.
The Black Parade era. wat r u doing, stahp.
I don’t even know these people anymore. Gerard always looks fierce, though.
According to Gerard Way, he had a revelation of sorts before a show last May that he compared to what “[he] can only imagine is the sixth sense one feels before their last moments alive.”
Perhaps it was their time; they had a great 12-year run, accumulated an immense fanbase, and provided much inspiration for middle school Trudy’s makeup and wardrobe (I even did that red-bar-across-the-eyes thing once..yeah I was cool.)

We will miss you, My Chemical Romance. We were all with you To The End. Whatever you dudes do now, you better Give ‘Em Hell, Kids. The Ghost of You will be with me always, and if you ask me how I feel about this..I’m Not Okay (I Promise). So dudes, although I Never Told You What I Do for a Living, You Know What They Do to Guys Like Us in Prison. Hang ‘Em High, take Helena down Cemetery Drive, because This Jetset Life is Gonna Kill You otherwise. And of course you know, It’s Not a Fashion Statement, It’s a Deathwish.
So friends, thank you. Thank You for the Venom.

Stay metal, UMass Lowell.

This may or may not be 14-year-old Trudy.

-Trudy