Busy Busy Busy

Here we go, it’s mid semester and it seems like there is not enough hours in the day. Am I right or am I right? With class, homework, studying, and work there is barely any time to anything for yourself. Here is a few tips to use your hours to there full potential.

1. SLEEP! Yes I realize that means less time to get your work done but it makes those hours that you are awake for much more meaning full. You won’t get anything out of studying while being tired. Take a 30 minute nap (make sure to set an alarm) and then get back to work!

2. Eat right! I know you have heard it a thousand times but eating right can leave you feeling more awake with more energy. So eat some power foods such as: peanut butter, almonds (or trail mix! yumm), yogurt, grilled chicken, blueberries, and fruits/vegetables. Avoid greasy fried foods and foods with a lot of carbs, they leave you sluggish and with low energy.

3. Study different ways. Try note cards, reading, or working with a group different types of studying will help you learn different concepts.

4. Reschedule plans for the weekend! Your friends will understand if you can’t go to the movies or do the Boston trip. Do it on Saturday when you have more time to spend with them and less homework to do.

5. Talk a walk or hit the gym! It will improve your focus and create new brain cells that will be easily filled with your studying!!

6. Take small breaks. Your body needs the time to recuperate from the constant studying.

Enjoy and I hope you all survive the week!
-Meg