Stefanie Wong

Hi name is Stefanie Wong; I am currently 19 years old soon to be 20 in October. I am currently a junior in the Community health program. I want to go into public health eventually. What I want to do with public health is another story. I am in the works of a Psychology minor. I’ve been unsure of my major and what I want to do with the rest of my life. This past summer I finally figured out the right fit for myself, which was Community Health.

I live on campus at the Inn and Conference center, in downtown Lowell. I am a tour guide and I play intramurals throughout the year. When I’m not studying or working I like to cook yummy food, go to the gym, and hang out with friends. One of my recent passions has been trying to make a difference by recycling, being greener, becoming more aware of the carbon footprint I leave behind.

I came to Umass Lowell as Undeclared Health switched into Community Health then switched into Psychology for two months and then back to Community Health. I wanted to major in Psychology but my parents felt like Psychology didn’t open enough doors for me. I learned that Community Health was a better fit for me.

If you don’t know what you want to do, talk to people about it. Talk to people who are in the major you are interested in, or a professor who teaches a course in it. What I did was emailed the chair of the department, meet with them and talked to them about the major. Get information before you jump through hoops. For those of you who are still struggling on what major to pick remember this people change there jobs at least three times in there lifetime.

Funny Cartoon to ponder your thoughts
Good luck Stefanie  🙂