Hey it’s Ash!

Hey there!

It’s your lovely OL/Ambassador, Ashley! I’m so excited for our new blogspot, it’s gonna be ill! So I guess I’ll start with what I do on Campus and all of that fun stuff.

First off, I’m a Sophomore from Dracut, MA. If any of you know where Dracut is, you probably think I commute because my house is LITERALLY 3 miles away from where I live on Campus. I currently reside at the ICC (UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center.) I decided to come live on campus because that’s the experience I wanted in college. Living on campus has literally changed my life (haha..wicked cliche, I know) but so true. Basically, just saying, that if you have the opportunity to live on Campus you deffinetly should try it out.

Moving on!

I am currently involved in two specific clubs this semester, UMass Lowell’s Women’s Rugby and University Choir. I am the Public Relations/Recruiting Chair for Rugby and the Public Relations Co-Chair for University Choir. Needless to say, I’m a pretty busy gal. If you’re interested in either of these organizations, please do not hesitate to ask! You can ask questions about both MEN and WOMEN’S RUGBY and about CONCERT DATES for University Choir!

Now onto Academics! I’m a Psychology major, but I really have no clue what I want to do with it just yet. I’m also thinking of picking up a few minors while I’m here. I’m deffinetly going to be picking up a minor in Theater starting at the end of this year’s Advising period (which starts Oct. 26th.) I’m also thinking of getting a minor in Education. Hopefully, I can figure all of this out with the help of my Advisor. If you do not know how to locate your Advisor, it’s a very simple process. Log into your ISIS account and click on the “Academics.” After that look on the right side where all of the links are. The link labeled “Veiw My Advisors” and viola! There is your Advisor. Feel free to shoot them an e-mail about setting up a time to meet for Advising if you’re not sure what the deal is. They’re extremely helpful and would love to hear from you!

On top of that, I’m currently enrolled in 20 credits for the semester. I’m taking a few General Education courses such as Life Science and the Lab and Quantitative Reasoning with the SI (Lab), to name a few. If you have any questions about what classes qualify as Gen. Eds., credits, or using ISIS, please feel free to ask!

Wow, enough about me. Let’s see what’s going on around Campus!!

Some events for the upcoming days include::
Sat. Oct. 3 – The Rec Center is putting on a KAYAKING TRIP @ PLUM ISLAND! If you’re interested contact Justin Lawler immediately! Visit
http://www.uml.edu/campusrecreation/OutdoorAdventures.html
for more info!

Fri. Oct. 9 – The summer smash hit “THE HANGOVER” will be playing FOR FREE on South in O’Leary library! I except a TON of people to show up, so get there early! It’ll also be playing on Sun. on East Campus, and Monday at the ICC. All shows start at 8:00 pm!

For more stuff to do on Campus, visit :: http://calendar.uml.edu/webevent/scripts/webevent.plx?token=guest.&show_favorites=1;cmd=startup&calID=991

Alright guys, I’ve deffinetly talked enough for today, I’m out! Talk to you later!!
–Ashley