*This email was sent to the Parent & Family Distribution List on 9.03.2021.*
Greetings River Hawk Families!
We hope that this email finds you well! It is time for our next Family Update Email! We hope that this email provides useful information for you and your student.
Opportunities & Information for Parents & Families:
- UML is hosting an online book discussion with an award winning author, poet and faculty member Sandra Lim. Professor Lim was recently featured on page 8 of our summer 2021 UML Magazine. Don’t miss this opportunity to participate in an engaging and insightful discussion on Thursday, September 23 at 4 p.m. (ET). https://bit.ly/2XYrKgc
- Check out the latest edition of UML Family Program’s blog “News to the Nest!” This month’s blog discusses ways you can help your student manage their transition to college and how you can encourage them to get involved on campus.
- UMass Lowell’s Food Pantry is open and ready to serve students and the university community. The Food Pantry welcomes any donations, and is especially looking for donations of individually wrapped snacks, breakfast items, school supplies, and hygiene products like soap, shampoo, conditioner, and shaving essentials. If you are interested in donating, you can order from the Food Pantry’s Amazon Wish List and have items automatically shipped to the UML Campus.
- Consider joining the River Hawk Family Association! Find out more about this opportunity and apply on the Family Programs website!
Opportunities & Information for Students:
- Leaders in Action is a leadership development program designed to fast-track the development of soft skills that are crucial for students in navigating their college career. During the offered workshops, students will work on personal, group and community skills and earn a leadership certificate at the end of the program. There is no complicated application required, just sign up at www.uml.edu/leadersinaction.
- Students with food allergies or special dietary needs are encouraged to contact University Dining’s campus dietitian at email@example.com. This is a great resource for students to gain education on how to have a safe and fulfilling dining experience. Additional information can be found at www.uml.edu/dining
- Tutoring is available to all students (no cost or charge) through the Centers for Learning, Advising, & Student Success. Students can view the Tutoring Schedule to see available options. If a course is not listed in the schedule, students can submit a Tutoring Request Form.
Upcoming Important Dates:
- September 6: Labor Day, University Closed
- September 15: Last day to add a course or drop a course without record. If your student has any questions about this, they can contact their advisor or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October 15-17: Homecoming & Family Weekend
If we can help track down any information or answer any questions, please let us know. We wish everyone a safe and happy start of the academic year.