Hello again! It’s advising time!
We’re here to remind you that the advising period runs from April 3rd to April 18th and to refresh you on why you need advising and how to make the most of it.
Why You Need Advising:
- Your advisors are trained professionals to point you on the most direct path to your goal: your degree.
- Since they are specific to your major, they can recommend all the best classes
- They can talk to you about career goals
- They can help you figure out the work load perfect for your specific needs
- They can make sure you are not wasting time or money on the wrong classes
How to Make the Most of Advising:
- Make an appointment and go to it!
- Print out your advisement report (found on SiS) and bring it to your appointment
- Browse the course catalog (found at uml.edu/now) and come up with an idea of what you’d like to take to run it by your advisor
- Make a list of any questions you may have so you don’t forget them
Course selection is one of the exciting things about college, you get to choose your schedule and take classes interesting to you. Make the most of this professional guidance and happy class shopping!