Disney Bought Star Wars?!

Disney Acquired Star Wars!!!

Ya, Disney acquired Star Wars. That really did happen. Disney recently acquired Lucas Films for 4.05 billion. Yolo. 

What this means for the franchise I am not entirely sure. I anticipate Disney is going to make some more Star Wars movies. We can only hope an expansion into the beloved creation that is the Star Wars galaxy. I have a couple characters I hope they will expand upon. I hope you guys feel the same way as me by the end of this blog. I don’t really know much about Star Wars but I do know that some characters are very interesting. Here we go.

Yaddle

Among one of the most interesting species in the Jedi Universe is the race referred to as “Yoda’s species.” Because George Lucas never wanted to release information regarding the origins and whereabouts of Yoda’s species, we may never know. Yaddle is among one of these unique creatures referred to as “Yoda’s species.” Yaddle is a female jedi master and some would argue that Yaddle is nearly as powerful as Yoda. 

Fun Fact: Yaddle uses a rare orange lightsaber.

Jar Jar Binks

Alright… Jar Jar Binks might be one of the most hated characters of all time. I understand. I love Jar Jar Binks though because his laughably ludicrous behavior. I cannot take this character seriously whatsoever and everything he does consequently results in a giggle from the inner child of my soul. Jar Jar Binks is everything you hate and everything you love. He makes no sense.

Fun Fact: Jar Jar Binks was a galactic senator in his prime and comes from the planet of Gungan (not gagnam, sorry). 

Ikrit-PotJSB.jpg
Ikrit

Ikrit is a jedi master. I am not sure how the logistics of jedi training occurred or how the force is apparently strong with this floppy eared kitten, it just is. No justification necessary. I am not really even familiar with how Ikrit can hold a lightsaber. Oh yeah, Ikrit was also yoda’s apprentice. I would imagine it to be laughable to watch Ikrit and Yoda train together. Perhaps a future movie can elaborate on this magical moment of cinematic wonder. 

Fun Fact: Ikrit was ironically killed by a group of people referred to as the “Peace Brigade.”

Darth Zannah TERC.jpg
Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah is a pretty cool character. Zannah never received formal jedi training but still managed to be a great warrior. She was the apprentice of Darth Bane. Zannah is a very interesting character who used defensive prowess and an acute ability of Sith magic to overpower her enemies. I am not really sure why I like Darth Zannah so much, but I do know that she is pretty beast-mode. 

Fun Fact: Darth Zannah uses a double edged red lightsaber.

Do I think Disney will include any of these characters in the film series? Probably not. Do I buy scratch tickets sometime in hopes of being able to win a million dollars? Sure do. Sometimes all we have is our dreams and faith to hold onto. I can only hope that Yaddle, Jar Jar Binks<3, Ikrit, and Darth Zannah are in some Star Wars movie installations in my lifetime. Especially Jar Jar, who will eternally have a special place in my heart. 

Hope you enjoyed this weeks blog installment. Happy Holidays!

-Tim