Talk about a throwback

When a baby is born the hippocampus has yet to be fully developed. At around eight or nine months after being born a baby has fully developed a hippocampus. For those of you reading this thinking “What in the world is Brady talking about?” The hippocampus is a part of your brain located in the limbic system that is responsible for storing memories as well as being responsible for your spatial navigation. 
An MRI picture of a hippocampus
Why am I talking about this? It is simple I am going to cause you to delve into the depths of your hippocampus and revive your memories about some of the best shows that were broadcasted on Nickelodeon in the 90’s, according to me. My qualifications to conduct an analysis as strict as this are extremely subjective and lengthy so I will not bore you with them. But I assure you they do exist. 
If my qualifications were tangible they would look like this

Best Show #1:
The Ren and Stimpy Show

The Ren and Stimpy show started airing in 1991 and ran until 1998, while I was not allowed to watch this show due to my mother not being a fan of the “toilet humor” that ran rampant throughout the series, I was still able to catch clips of it after I discovered the recall button on my remote. The show was based around the zany adventures of Ren, the psychotic chihuahua, and Stimpy, the dimwitted cat. Often viewed as controversial due to the sexual innuendo and violence, Ren and Stimpy soon won their way into homes and my young, tender heart with gems like this. 

I never got a log as a child

Best Show #2: 
Kenan And Kel

The show that started airing in 1996 ran until 2000 gave us bundles of laughs, a Good Burger spin-off, and forever locked the shows stars Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell in their respective roles as Kenan and Kel. Think about it, how many times have you seen Kenan or Kel in another TV show or movie and gone “That’s Kenan/Kel from Kenan and Kel!” It happens to me at least once a week. The show also gave rapper Coolio something to rap about besides his “Gangsta’s Paradise”. It also gave him something else to be known for. Also, Kel was never able to shake the stigma of loving Orange Soda.   

Talk about forcing your acting career into a corner

Best Show #3: 
All That

It is safe to say that were it not for the TV show All That then there would be no Amanda Show, no Drake & Josh, and no Kenan & Kel. All That was a sketch show that really was the gateway to hilarity in the 90’s, who can forget the lovable skits of “Good Burger” and “The Loud Librarian”. All That originally aired in 1994 and ran all the way until 2005 when it was finally cancelled. Honestly the show was done once the original cast left but much like a lot of other TV shows they wanted to keep it going and milk every last view they could. The show was also the launching pad of many teen icons careers in the 90’s. The list includes, but is not limited to, Amanda Bynes, Kenan Thompson, Kel Mitchell, and Nick Cannon. 
When the police arrested Amanda Bynes she was quoted in saying “That’s me” 
The list of TV shows that entertained us throughout the 90’s is obviously a lot greater than this. It is hard to illustrate such an awesome decade into one blog. I know that Ren and Stimpy can be found on Netflix if you ever feel the need to expose yourself to Gritty Kitty or Marooned. As for Kenan & Kel and All That I do not know where their episodes have dispersed to, but I would love to find out. 
-Brady