Jeepers Creepers

As most of you hopefully know it is currently October. Do you know what the best part of October is? Halloween. What is the best part of Halloween? Having an excuse to watch an unreasonable amount of scary movies for an entire month. Oh and the candy, the candy is definitely a plus. 

I’m not here to tell you that you should be watching scary movies instead of doing your school work because you should definitely do your school work but if you ever have any free time and want to watch a scary movie because it is October or if you want to be too scared to go to sleep so you can finish your homework here are some suggestions from me. 
Suggestion number 1:
The Thing
When I say to watch “The Thing” I am talking about the good version made in 1982 by John Carpenter that was a rip off from a movie made in the 50’s. You know The Thing with Kurt Russell and Wilford Brimley. This movie is easily one of the scariest movies I have ever seen because not only does it feature a shape shifting alien that could take the form of your best friend then try to kill you but because the first reaction by Kurt Russell when he finally realizes that there is a shape shifting alien taking the form of his friends and killing everyone is to kill it with fire.  
Kurt Russell’s beard was neither harmed or singed in the making of this film

I know that most of you reading this are thinking one of two things, one being “Wow I value Brady’s opinion so much!” others might not be sharing the same sentiment so if you don’t wish to believe me The Boston Globe ranks The Thing as the number one scariest movie of all time. 
Those of you who are not thinking about how much you value my opinion are thinking, “Wow this movie has Wilford Brimley, surely that can’t be the very Wilford Brimley from those diabetes commercials!” I should have you know that it is that very Wilford Brimley. 
Suggestion number 2:
Nightmare on Elm Street
Nightmare on Elm Street features a lot of the same elements of a traditional slasher film except that this one stars Johnny Depp. Wes Craven created probably one of the most vile looking villains of all time when he envisioned Freddy Krueger. Krueger was killed with fire and is now exacting his revenge by killing his victims through invading their dreams and cutting them with a bladed glove, so if you wish to eliminate the desire to go to sleep for the next week I suggest watching this movie. Freddy Krueger’s weakness besides not being afraid of him is energy drinks. 
All he really wanted was some skin cream, that stuff is hard to get in the dream world. 

This movie also spawned a song by none other than the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and his trusted DJ side-kick Jazzy Jeff. 
Suggestion number 3
Halloween
I know that having Halloween be on this list is a bit of a cliche but the movie is quite scary and really deserves a lot of credit for what it did. Granted the movie used a lot of elements from Hitchcock’s Psycho but Halloween because the poster child for low budget slasher films in the 80’s and 90’s. If John Carpenter did not make the movie Halloween then there would be no Friday the 13th or A Nightmare on Elm Street and I would have had to choose other movie for suggestions two and three. Halloween features a psychotic murder who escapes captivity and wreaks havoc on his hometown. The antagonists name is named Michael Myers, not the Mike Myers who is quite groovy. 
Deranged serial killer
International Man of Mystery
I didn’t want to make this excruciatingly long but I feel like I might have. Regardless here are some other movies you should check out if you are ever in the mood for a good scare; Friday the 13th, Psycho, and Troll 2. Maybe Troll 2 isn’t scary but it is worth the watch. Who can deny this as the best line ever uttered in a film?
How he didn’t swat the fly off his head still eludes me

-Brady