Use up your Riverhawk points before it’s too late!

This is an adorable picture of a puppy.

Hey guys! Shay here again!
If you’re anything like me, you like to eat. And the food here on campus isn’t too bad, isn’t it?
That’s right, it’s delicious!

Anyhoo, this is just a friendly reminder to let you all know to use up any leftover points you may have left on your account! While points carry over to the next semester, they do not carry over to the next school year. That would stink if you had $50 leftover in points, but lost it all!
If you’re finding yourself in this situation, you can use your points at any of the commuter cafeterias (Southwick or Broadway and Wilder) to stock up on things like water bottles, snacks, anything like that for the summer. I mean, you pay for the entire meal plan, you might as well use every penny of it! 🙂

And speaking of food, I have a book I’d like to recommend to all of you. A family member was reading it, and I ended up swiping it to read myself. It’s called “Eat This, Not That”. As college students, the temptation to eat on-the-go and quickly is all too common. This book has opened my eyes to just how bad (and surprising for some restaurants) or how good the food is for you at some restaurants! It gives you nutritional information and grades restaurants based on the quality of the food and how good/bad it is for you. It’s a super easy read, and it can really open your eyes to just what you’re putting into your body!
– Did you know that Applebee’s refuses to disclose nutritional information?
– Did you know that Uno’s lists only a fraction of the nutritional information in your actual meal? (It advertises one serving, when you could actually be eating up to six!)
– That Subway posts calorie counts for sandwiches without cheese, condiments, or other additives? (It’s just the sandwich + vegetables).

It’s a good read, and I would definately recommend it!
Alrighty Riverhawks, have a fantastic weekend! (And I hope you’re pumped for Spring Carnival coming up!!)