What’s Goin On!?!?!?!

Holler Peeps,

It’s Jeff here ready to fill your heads with unbelievable knowledge that you cannot avoid nor deny…

As far as how I am doing, I’m great!  Thank you for asking!   It has been a busy two weeks but Spring Break is right around the corner and I could not be more excited!

Now for “What’s Goin On?!?!?!”  I will start with this Friday!  There is a concert series provided by MEISA/VPAC in the Fox Hall Common at 8:00PM.  It will be a free concert for students featuring campus bands and local Boston area acts so come and check it out before you head home for Spring Break!

As far as Spring Break goes, move out is going to be Friday by 6:00PM.  The halls will be closed all over Spring Break and you will NOT have access into the halls so make sure you bring everything home that you will need!  Also, your RA’s should have handed out some form of paperwork informing you what should be done before you move out like locking your windows, unplugging stuff, feeding the monkey under your bed, that kind of stuff.

There are a few concerts coming up in Durgin Concert Hall as well.  Sunday, March 21st there is a faculty recital at 7:30PM.  The recital will feature The Ariel Quintet and should be a nice way to relax after moving back into after Spring Break.

Also, on Thursday, March 25 at 7:30PM there is a free concert that I am putting on with the help of another student called The Big Jazz Night.  Recital credit will be given to Music Majors as well so why the heck not right?!?!  It will feature the Universities own Jazz Rock Big Band and Studio Jazz Orchestra directed by Prof. Dan Lutz and Walter Platt.  Also performing will be the internatioanlly acclaimed Compaq Big Band who has done a big band tour in Great Britain as well as opened for the Gordon Goodwin’s Big Phat Band in both 2007 and 2008.  It should be a great concert and you can all come and see my toot my horn!  Here is a link to the event page on Facebook…

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=316995097583&ref=ts

I think that will be it from me so everyone have a safe Spring Break we will be seeing you when you all get back!

Alright I’m Done,
-Jeff