Midterms and Madness

Hi everyone! Its Cynthia 🙂

So about now you should be getting all you midterm assessments back if you haven’t already. I got my Mechanical Behavior of Materials (trust me, its almost as awful as it sounds) midterm back yesterday and I was not too happy with my grade. Midterms are usually a good indicator in whether you should withdraw from a class or not depending on how much you midterm affects you final grade. All that information can be found on the syllabus you got at the begining of the semester. I ended up going to my professors office hours, and she was very understanding. She recomended that I keep going in the class instead of withdrawing because it was apparant to her that I understood the material and the midterm only counts as 15% of my grade.

MAKE SURE YOU TALK TO YOUR PROFESSOR BEFORE WITHDRAWING FROM A CLASS

Thats the best advice I can give you. Your professor will be able to go over your projected grade and let you know if you should stay in a class or try again next semseter.

The last day to withdraw with a W is November 13. But make sure its your last resort. Although a W doesn’t exactly look good on your transcripts, it does look better than an F and it doesn’t effect your GPA!

Thats all for now!

-Cynthia