Time for some Ashley

Hey there! I’m baaa aaaack, haha. So how was your guys’ weekends? So a little bit about my weekend, I saw Toy Story 1&2 in 3D, and it was awesome! So nostalgic! If you’d like a little blast from the past, deffinetly check it out. And last night, I went to the “Moveis That Rock” series at the ICC and saw Up! It was so conveinent just taking the elevator to the 2nd floor of the ICC and watching FREE movie, that I love! Check out those events, epsecially if you’ve got nothing to do on a boring Sunday or Monday night!! I also went and cheered on our Lady Ruggers at the Women’s Rubgy match on Sunday. Unfortunately, Wentworth won by a dissapointing 2 trys. Nonetheless, it was still a great match to watch! If you’re into watching sports, you should deffinetly check out some of the Men’s and Women’s games. Admission is FREE! If you want a schedule of games, e-mail me at Ashley_Tello@student.uml.edu and I’ll give you all the information you could ever want!!

I also finished up my lab report for Life Science and starting studying for my Psychology of Developmental Disabilities exam. The lab took me almost 2 hours to type out, but once I finished I felt so relieved. Next time, I’m not going to wait until 12 am to write it! Procrastination is my worst enemy! I’m trying to work on it though, time management is something I deffinetly am trying to work on. I’m a little nervous for my exam on Friday. I usually start studying a week before an exam, but I started on Sunday. I like to be able to write out flash cards and notes, then be able to use them to study all week. I did really well on all of the exams when I studied this way, so I’m deffinetly going to stick with it.

Finding out what study strategies work for you is HUGE part of college academic life. If you’re having any trouble doing so, we have tons of resources for you to utilize. FOR FREE! If you’re finding that you’re studying isn’t as effective as you’d like, or you just need a little bit of help with that one tricky calculus problem you should check out the Centers For Learning!! You can check them out in a few ways!

Visit there website!! http://www.uml.edu/class/
Visit there offices!! South Campus: O’Leary Library, 3rd Floor
North Campus: Southwick Hall, 308
Give them a call!! 978-934-2936
Or shoot them an e-mail!! Sheila_rileycallahan@uml.edu

STUFF TO DO ON CAMPUS THIS WEEK::
Remember to bookmark this link! http://calendar.uml.edu/webevent/scripts/webevent.plx?token=guest.&show_favorites=1;cmd=startup&calID=991

TONIGHT!

If you’re around, head over to the:

Lowell National Historical Park Visitor Center
The Lowell Film Collaborative and Parker Lectures presents a FREE screening of the stunning documentary “Killer Poet,” which details the story of Massachusetts’ convicted murderer Norman Porter who escaped prison and lived in Chicago as renowned poet JJ Jameson.

Student Government Association Meeting:
Where? McGauvran Student Center, Room 410, South Campus
What? Public participation welcomed. Meet your student representatives and share any comments or concerns you have.
When? WEDNESDAY, Oct 7 -5:30 PM – 7:30 PM

Career Fair Prep Workshop
Where? Southwick 240
What? Get your resume in order.
When? THURSDAY Oct 8, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM

AND DRUM ROLL PLEASEEEEEE….

“The Hangover” is showing for FREE Friday, Sunday, and Monday night!!
Friday – O’Leary Library, 8 pm
Sunday – Fox Hall Common, 8 pm
Monday – ICC Junior Ballroom, 8 pm

If you haven’t seen The Hangover yet, go! It’s HYSTERICAL! And it’s FREE! What more could you want?!

Well, that’s enough from me today!
I’ll catch you guys later!
-Ashley