Say Cheese!

Can you really say you’ve lived in France if you don’t know a thing or two about their famous fromage?

While there is a lot to know about French cheese, and I am not claiming to be a connaisseuse du fromage, I have learned some things about their delicious cheese.

Brie

Image result for brie cheese(google images)

Brie is probably one of the best-known French cheeses. Brie comes from the Île-de-France region of France (Paris resides in this region).

Camembert

Image result for camembert(google images)

Camembert is another well-known French cheese. Camembert comes from the Normandie region of France.

Emmental-Savoie

Image result for emmental cheese pretty Emmental cheese is actually a Swiss cheese, but Emmental-Savoie is its French counterpart, it is traditionally served on a baguette with ham. Emmental-Savoie comes from the Haute-Savoie region of France, which is right next to Switzerland.

Muenster

Image result for muenster cheese(google images)

Muenster is another delicious French cheese, it comes from the Alsace region of France. Alsace is the German region of France, for it’s right next to Germany.

Saint Marcellin

Image result for saint marcellin(google images)

Saint Marcellin is a cheese that comes from the Dauphine region of France, it is in south-east France. It is my personal favorite, my favorite restaurant would serve it on a burger, it is absolutely delicious.

There are many many more French cheeses, all of which I am sure are delicious, but here is just a *taste* of french gastronomical culture. To find out what other delicious cheeses France has to offer, you’ll just have to make the voyage yourself!