Class and beautiful beaches

Coming to Cadiz has been one of the greatest opportunities I have been handed. It’s a place where family is very important and everyone is kind enough to help you out if you get lost. I have been happy to have my house five minutes away from the beach and the university. During the first week, I have noticed how everyone helps you improve your Spanish. Classes in school are very interesting because it’s not only students from Lowell but from all over the world. I have met people from all over the world. I like the idea of having classes with other international students because they can help you out and vice versa. Class is a place where you go to learn the language and grammar, but also where you can have discussion on anything you don’t understand with the language. Spanish in Cadiz is the main language, which is a great way to expand my vocabulary in the language. Learning the language in Cadiz is interesting because you can learn the different meanings to different words. Living with a host family that only speaks the language is the best part because not only are you speaking Spanish at school but at home you must speak it. In the past week, I have learned a list of new words that are new to my vocabulary. The class schedule here is comfortable enough where it’s not too early and not too late in the day. I enjoy the environment in school because it’s very welcoming and everyone encourages you. Everyone who lives in Cadiz has different rhythms in speaking either very fast or well off speed to understand, which connects to the idea of having two professors is a great idea. The two teachers have different teaching styles and different ways of speaking. I have enjoyed being in the classrooms very much.

One of my favorite things about Cadiz are the beautiful beaches that it has. Cadiz is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean. The view is amazing and the water is even more amazing compared to the cold beaches that we have in the United States. La Caleta Beach is a five-minute walk from my house which is the reason why I look forward going to the beach all the time. La Caleta Beach is stunning with their sailboats in the water. The sunset is a great view as well to see in the night. I was very surprised when I was told that the sunsets so late at night, so it makes the day feel longer and nights shorter. Another beach is La Santa Maria which is very nice and I’d say bigger than La Caleta. I experience here in Cadiz the caring for one another is great to see that people would ask me if it’s okay to watch their belongings. This city has shown me how everyone here is happy to help one another. Coming to Cadiz it’s a must to visit both beaches.

Sunset at La Caleta
Playa Santa Maria