Thanksgiving Break Information!

Thanksgiving is handsdown my favorite holiday.

Yeah, Christmas is awesome, too. But I think a holiday completely about eating wins, in my opinion. Also, I love being able to express to my family and friends how thankful I am for them, and other aspects of my life. My family doesn’t do a ‘traditional’ Thanksgiving with a turkey being the main entree.

About 2 weeks before Thanksgiving, all of the women in my family get together at my Nana’s house and we make enough RAVIOLIS to last the entire family through both Thanksgiving and Christmas! Homemade pasta dough, ping (Ravioli filling consisting of ricotta and spinach), and flour cover my Nana’s kitchen as all of us women sing ‘Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree’ and ‘Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey’ over and over again.

As you can see, Thanksgiving is by far one of my favorite times of year. I’m super excited for THANKSGIVING BREAK. For this year’s Thanksgiving Break schedule you can visit::

This is the Registrar’s Academic Calendar where you can find out all about our days off and vacations.

Thanksgiving break is starting on NOVEMBER 25th beginning at 10:00 PM. Most Residence Halls close at 5:00 PM during this time, so BE SURE TO CHECK WITH YOUR RESIDENT ADVISOR OR RESIDENT DIRECTOR ASAP so you can coordinate with your parents/guardians.

Also, if you are a Varisty Athlete, many stay over this break or may return early due to practices or games. Check with your coaches if they haven’t informed you yet!!

Classes resume again on that MONDAY, NOVEMBER 30th so make sure you’ve stuffed your face enough by then to make it through until Winter Break!!

—Ashley