When in London, Drink Tea

After a long 24 hours of traveling it feels amazing to finally relax in our hotel. The last day has been pretty stressful to say the least. I found out about the attacks in London when I was in line boarding my flight at Logan airport. At the time I didn’t quite realize the severity of the attack, it wasn’t until I landed in London that I realized how much damage had been caused. I chose to fly separately from the rest of the group, which meant that once I landed I needed to navigate to the hotel on my own. Unfortunately the directions I had written down were of no help as a good portion of the city’s public was not running, but after a couple hours of navigating London I was able to make my way to the hotel and fuel up on coffee.

Following checking in a couple of us went to explore an old church (All-Hallows-by-the-Tower) located across the street from our hotel. The Church is open to the public and has a crypt with extremely old artifacts. It was interesting to be immersed in the crypt, but all of us felt a weird energy with all of the history that had happened there.

Later on in the afternoon we went as a group to have our first meal. We went to an English Pub and enjoyed all types of specialties that London has to offer. A couple of us started to doze off once we were full from being sleepy and jet lagged so after dinner it was time to go back and relax at the hotel. When in London relaxation is done best with a cup of tea.