Travel and study entrepreneurship and innovation with UMass Lowell’s Manning School of Business. Undergraduate and graduate students welcome.
Students will travel to Hubli, India with Professor Ashwin Mehta and Michael Ciuchta to KLE Technological University to learn alongside KLE students and immerse themselves in entrepreneurial mindsets and cultural influences on decision-making. From Hubli, students will travel to Chennai and Pondicherry and experience historical and cultural India!
This course is worth 3 credits and is designed to help students understand the importance of innovation and entrepreneurship in today’s global economy and to cultivate an entrepreneurial mindset among the students in the Manning School of Business. It will cover different forms of entrepreneurship such as small businesses, growth ventures, corporate entrepreneurship and social entrepreneurship. The course will focus on innovation types, turning innovation into reality and the process of entrepreneurship. Innovation and entrepreneurship theories and concepts will be discussed with real life examples and cases.
- Learn more on the UMass Lowell Study Abroad and International Experiences website.
- Read the program brochure and more on the Study Abroad website.
- The Manning School of Business website has information as well regarding the summer (in Lowell) and winter (in Hubli) programs.
- Video of 2014 program
- Video of 2015 program
- Read Blogs from past trips:
- Check out student testimonials from 2014.