Memories

When I first came to France I thought my time here would never run out, it’s crazy to think that not too long from now I’ll be back in the US living through this unbelievable experience only in my memory.

Something that I really feel strongly about is investing in something that is going to remind you of the amazing memories you’ve made on this journey. It doesn’t have to be anything expensive, but it should be something that’s personal to you. Before coming here my dad gave me a personalized journal for Christmas and all he asked was that I fill it full of memories. I decided to buy postcards and little mementos from each location I go to and paste it in the journal.

Another awesome idea I heard is from fellow correspondent Meaghan Gallagher, she is going to make her own jean jacket and cover it in patches from every city she visits and sew it on the jacket. It’s her own unique jacket and no one will ever have the same exact one, it’s her own cool souvenir.

(Photo: thecityslickerblog)

Whether you want to buy a cookbook from everywhere you go or fill a bottle with dirt, it’s up to you, but it’s so important to do something. You will never regret it.