What I’ve seen so far

This trip is the fulfillment of one of my lifelong dreams and I have to say what I’ve seen and experienced has far surpassed what I could have imagined.  I didn’t think anything like this opportunity would be available to me as a husband and father of two with more responsibilites than time to fulfill them.

Every single place we’ve been is so alive with activity and there doesn’t seem a dull moment to be had in this country.  Delhi was bustling and alive with people everywhere doing everything.  We saw otherworldly beauty as well as the stark pain that so often go hand in hand.  The Taj Mahal and the Red Fort gave us a glimpse of the majesty of the great Mughal kings.  Every other sight as we traveled gave us the vision of a place as different from our home as seemingly possible as well as diverse.

Our drive from Goa to Hubli has been one of my favorite sights so far.  Driving up the mountains along the beautiful road up almost into the clouds fascinated me.

Our arrival in Hubli was met with as warm of a welcome as I’ve received anywhere; it’s as if we were family long lost and well missed.  Since we’ve been here our projects have kept us busy, but the relationships created already have brought us great joy and companionship.

Today was really special, it was Jake’s birthday so he got his birthday bumps or “kicks in the ass” as we might put it.  Our friends at BVB taught us cricket and procured one of the best cakes I’ve ever had.  I saw the city of Hubli from the back of a vespa and a motorcycle (first time I’d been on either), a truly exhilarating experience.  We’ve been welcomed and made to feel special and it’s made all the difference in making this a truly wonderful experience.