A Little Advice

Disclaimer: Anything written in this blog represents the opinions of the author, and no one else. Each blog is written lightly, and is not intended to offend any of the mentioned businesses, locations, students, or staff.

It is easy to wake up every day and continue doing what you have done in the past. It is far too easy to procrastinate, and to be content with being content. Today’s world accepts the millions of us who get by with being mediocre and by smiling at people as they pass by in the hall, even when we don’t genuinely care about how their day is going. A small reminder (if you didn’t already know): being “nice” isn’t good enough. Just “passing” isn’t good enough. Arriving on time isn’t good enough. Getting a job isn’t good enough. Trying your best, though, and giving your all into what you do, will make you and those around you much happier.

Each and every one of us has something more to give to our community. There is never “enough”. The world always needs more. WE always need more. YOU always need more. The term “more” usually sits on the back burner in my vocabulary because I believe it is a weak adjective that describes our culture in a material sense. In this sense, though, the word “more” means more than it usually does, as well. The word “more” represents the extra ten minutes on the treadmill when you thought you were about to die fifteen minutes previous; the coffee you added to your order to give to your coworker just for the heck of it; the extra hour you spend studying just because you want to be certain you are prepared; and the time you spend comforting a peer through a difficult time even when you don’t have any more time to give.

Lately, I have found myself being more selfish than usual. I like to consider myself a giving and generous person, but I believe that college has created a new selfish me that wasn’t revealed as much in previous years of my life. In the morning, often I do make only enough coffee for myself, and leave my roommate to fend for herself just because it means I have more time for myself to get to class a little earlier. In the afternoon, I have caught myself rushing to catch the open door without taking the time to hold it for the person behind me. At night, I do wish that fewer students would come into the café where I work, so that I will be able to spend less of my time serving them, and more time working on my homework.

I am writing this, not only to remind those who read this not to be lazy and selfish, and all of the other negative adjectives that critics use to describe our generation and world, but to also remind myself that positivity is what makes the world go round.

So, go ahead. Make extra to-do lists to accomplish the numerous assignments that you have procrastinated on throughout this semester. Meet with the tutor you have been avoiding, who is only there to help you succeed. Call your parents in the evening to ask how they are doing, even when you would much prefer to sit back and watch your favorite television show. Help a friend find a ride to work, even when you know that it’s their fault that they’re late in the first place. Tell yourself “No, I will not settle just being pretty” “No, I will not be content living off of what my parents have supplied for me when I am capable of helping myself, too” and “No, I will not merely sit on my butt for the entirety of my entire eight-dollar-and-twenty-five-cent-an-hour shift”. Motivate yourself by reminding yourself that you will earn your place in your workplace. You will earn the grade you are capable of earning in school. You will earn your place in the world.

And, don’t forget; love yourself just as much as you love those around you. The people around you can see how much you value yourself, and them, simply by how you present yourself through your image, as well as your attitude. Completing tasks on time will help you succeed at this. Extracurricular activities, such as going to the gym, or going to an event around campus with your free time, will assist you in feeling more involved, and complete. You can’t give back to your community, when your own mind, body and soul are in need of attention. It is your job, and your job only, to push yourself onto the next level. And yes, even when you are doing that, it is also your job to help those around you. In doing so, you will only receive more positivity, generosity, and love back from those who receive your warm heart and solid effort. You get what you give.

One thought on “A Little Advice

1. تنظيف الشقق
    إن التنظيف ليس بالضبط طريقة ممتعة لتمضية الوقت – خاصة إذا كان لديك أشياء لتفعلها ولا يمكنك تخصيص ساعات لأعمالك الروتينية المخيفة. ومع ذلك ، بغض النظر عن مقدار ما تؤجله ، يتعين عليك في النهاية إنجاز الأمور. بصرف النظر عن تدمير جمالية منازلنا ، فإن العيش وسط الفوضى ليس صحيًا. بشكل عام ، يضيء المنزل المصمم جيدًا فقط إذا قمت بصيانته ، وللقيام بذلك ، تأكد من تخزين أفضل أدوات التنظيف.
    يُطبّق التنظيف الدّاخليّ لخزائن المطبخ باتّباع ما يلي: البدء بعملية التنظيف بإفراغ الخزائن من محتوياتها، مع مراعاة البدء من الخزائن العلويّة، ثمّ الانتقال إلى الخزائن السفليّة. تفقّد الرفوف والتخلّص من الأغطية الممزقة أو الباهتة في حال الحاجة لذلك. تنظيف الرفوف بالاستعانة بالمكنسة الكهربائيّة. غسل الخزائن باستخدام الماء الدافئ والمنظّف. تبليل قطعة قماش بالماء واستخدامها لغسل الخزائن. تجفيف الخزائن باستخدام قطعة قماش جافّة.
    https://roegs-waos-cuitt.yolasite.com/