Last Update1/05/2010 -9:00am
We will post updated information here regarding major known iSiS 9.0 issues and their status.
OPEN ISSUES – Confirmed issues that are being investigated by the technical team
- Login — Lowell has reported to UITS that some users are having troubles logging into ISIS. The user believes they are typing the username and password correctly, but the system makes the user change their password. Please post a comment if this is an issue you too have experienced as it is difficult for us to troubleshoot.
- Update on Login Issues: UITS has been able to replicate the issue and is investigating long term solutions. In the meantime, if you experience this issue you may do either of the following: Hit your browser back button until theerror message no longer displays or close theentire windows session andstart the log in process again at http://isis.uml.edu
- Performance — UITS continues to evaluate system performance issues. Many users have reported increased performance, but there are still some experiencing slowness. If you do experience iSiS being slow, please contact the HELP desk at email@example.com or at 978.934.4357 and give as much detail as possible (what process you were trying to complete, the page you were on and the time of day). These details will allow us to better troubleshoot the issues.
RECENTLY CLOSED ISSUES– Confirmed issues that have recently been updated and fixed.
- Student Online Financial Account — The display of student financial data was significantly different and causing some confusion for students. This has been modified to make it more user friendly.
- Performance — UITS has improved the Advisor page to more rapidly load all advisees. The performance was 91 seconds and is now 11 seconds for one advisor with over 1000 advisees.
- Faculty Class Roster Update — faculty now have the option to view students on the waiting list via their class roster.
- Student Request for Official Transcript —the link to request official transcripts wasn’t appearing in the drop down, but is now available.
- Permission Number Creations –a processing error prevented the Registrar’s Office from generating additional permission numbers. This has been fixed.
- Help links to UPK are now available via the ‘Help’ button within faculty and student self-service. More improvements are coming, but this is at least now functioning.
- International Access — Links toself-service have been changed to fixa couplelogin issues. The change willnow allow userswithinternationalcomputer operating systems to accessiSiS. Additionally facultyself-service users willenter iSiS directly in the’faculty center’.