Goodbye

I’ve never been good with saying goodbye; I can’t stand having to deal with all of that emotion at once. Over the summer after meeting the 14 students who came to the U.S, having to say goodbye to them was so hard. I was feeling happiness because I had the chance to meet amazing people, sadness because they can’t all live in my closet and it’s illegal to harbor and illegal immigrants and lastly fear. The fear was for the uncertainty.

The day they left no matter how much we said we would see each other again I didn’t believe it. I have had friends who live in the same building as me who I have lost contact with throughout the years, so believing that people half way across the world would stay in contact wasn’t too believable. This trip has taught me that anything is possible.

image8image9image6image9image3(1)image5image4image10(1)

During my last night in India I made a few of my old friends and new friends stay up with me all night. We laughed, played cards, listened to music and danced the chicken dance. I wanted to hold on to the last 10 hours I had in India.

image1image2

When it was time to say goodbye a few friends just stood with me. For a few minutes we didn’t say anything we just stood together enjoying our last moments.

Saying goodbye for the second time was harder than the first but I think I’ll see them again.