Hold Your Breath, Take It All In

A roller coaster is an understatement; my time in India has been quite the ride. Remembering to pause and take it all in has been difficult, but the calm has set in before the flurry of energy before departure.

This has been foreign territory in more ways than one. Not only in actual land, but in the environment, and testing my engineering toes in the business water. All things new and exciting in their own ways. Though I must say I don’t think I’ll miss Indian food other than naan, every meal has been highly entertaining with its spices. Plus, the people have been an absolute joy, getting to visit multiple homes with arms open to us has been such a comfort, and opened the doors of the India culture.

But not only has the culture been an exploration, but the business as well. I love interdisciplinary work as an engineer, so I was eager, but much to my surprise, we went to a business with only a group of engineers and technical majors. But that offered an amazing challenge as we all learned how to address business needs while utilizing the problems solving skills we are ingrained with. I felt useful, helpful, and I learned at every turn. Now it is time to wait to see how this learning help me in the future, and to hope I can savor all these thrilling moments forever.

-Marcelle Durrenberger