The Most Wonderful Experience Of Them All

My experience in Hubli thus far has been incredible. Although there was a bit of culture shock in regards to the living and water situations, those worries have become far from my mind. Every day here I have had an incredible new experience including riding on a motorcycle, feeding bread to bulls, getting mehndi (henna), visiting students’ homes, shopping at an Indian market, trying new foods and, of course, a completely new culture of people all together. All of these new experiences, and more, have truly added so much to my life. Better than just a tour of the city, we have been immersed in the local culture, not as tourists, as one of their own. The Indian students are always so excited to show us around their city and talk to us about the different quirks of their culture. These students are more amazing than I could ever have imagined and getting to know them has been my favorite part. They each have their own unique qualities that makes them thoroughly enjoyable and fascinating. I am an introvert (being an only child) and I have to regain my energy by being alone sometimes but it has been so hard on this trip to do that because I don’t want to miss out on any chance to hang out with the students. These students truly care about us and we about them. Not only has my experience been incredible because of the indian students, but it has been equally influenced by the American students. This has been a great group to travel with and getting to know everyone and getting to share these experiences with both the Indian and American students been the most wonderful experience of them all. 10409286_10152758086739398_7615897285687792773_n