All packed and ready!

It’s almost midnight and I just finished packing. In about 3.5 hrs I will be leaving Lowell for Logan International Airport. Might as well stay up instead of sleeping. There will be plenty of time to sleep on the plane.

Since I am concentrating my studies in management, I hope to learn more about international management and cross-cultural team management. I am also interested in learning more about Costa Rican culture and seeing as much of Costa Rica’s natural beauty as possible.

Although I am very excited about this opportunity to study abroad, I will miss my one year old son Dexter. This will be the longest that I’ve been away from him. It was a difficult goodnight hug tonight because I knew that it would be the last time I hug him for the next 12 days. I will think of him often during this trip.

I’ll spend the next three hours going over the packing list, making sure I have everything. Rarely does my mind allow me to sleep before a big trip. Tonight is no exception.
Bug spray? Toothpaste? Sunscreen? Raincoat? Passport? All packed. Costa Rica, I am ready for you.