Provided by Mike Lucas, IT, Director, Instructional Technology Support | July 22, 2015
We are moving forward with the Faculty Sandbox to provide a space on campus where faculty can test and explore academic technology which will be staffed by IT employees.
Details for the sandbox:
– Anticipated completion date is September 15, 2015
– Location: O’Leary Library, Room 325 (now accessible from O’Leary elevators)
The following technology will be available:
– Standard Teaching Podium for training and recording
– Two high-end multimedia computers (MAC & PC) with high end audio recording capabilities
– Lightboard presentation system (high tech whiteboard recording)
– SMART kapp interactive whiteboard (low tech sharing between devices)
– Keycard access for all UMass Lowell faculty
– Location will be available for small group training sessions
Provided by Donna Mellen | July 28, 2015
June workshops have completed and we are planning for a new session from August 11 – 26. Register today!
Many workshops are available:
- What Do I Do with All These Videos? with R. Tyndall
- Service-Learning Attribute Application: Hands-on help for faculty with P. Procter, V. Farzner, L. Barrington
- Camtasia Basics: Using Camtasia to Professionally Record and Edit Recordings – Plus More! with R. Tyndall
- Using Turnitin to Encourage Best Practices for Student Writing with D. Arcus, C. Mandell, M. Wishart
- Let Students View Your Presentations LIVE in Class: Connect with Your Students with R. Tyndall
- Web Conferencing – Meet, Collaborate and More from Your Desktop, Classroom, or Mobile Device with R. Tyndall
- Making Your Own Tutorials: Many Ways to Do It Very Quickly & Simply with R. Tyndall
- Using Clickers to Engage Your Students with J. Horta, M. Wishart
- Integrating the Turning Point Building Block with Your Blackboard Course with J. Horta
- Using Video Capture to Enhance Your Students’ Academic Experience – Intro to Echo360 with R. Tyndall
- Advanced Lecture Capture: Video Editing to Improve Student Learning with R. Tyndall
- Blackboard Grade Center Workshop with Lisa Panagopoulos provided by The Division of Online and Continuing Education. This workshop is online, register at the Division of Online and Continuing Education.
We look forward to a great summer session!